Wednesday 29 September 2010

Day 0 Travel to Windermere.

Date: Saturday 11 September 2010

Journey 

I met up with A. in Derby as arranged. Now after many months of planning and talking  our 75mlie walk around the lakes was off to an unhurried start with a train journey to Windermere, changing at Crewe on the way.

On landing in Windermere we went along to the Independent Backpackers Hostel and booked in. We were very surprised to find that we had been put in a four bed room (two bunks) with two young Malaysian girls. This was not a situation we were happy about, and I’m certain the girls weren’t either.

After a stroll around Windermere we had a decent meal in an Italian restaurant, then a few beers in the Queens with a large family of guys from Wales who were also at the hostel, who had  walked up Scafell earlier in the day, it was a good night.

1 comment:

  1. Mike - a good series of posts on this walk. I have walked some of those sections over the last few years, so I enjoyed reading about them. I am generally unable to this sort of length of walk myself with business and family commitments, but I do get out as much as I can for 1 or 2 nights. I was going out tonight, but I cannot shake off this cold - keeps coming and going!
    Mark

    ReplyDelete